The Bellyak Play 25
This is the smallest Bellyak…suitable for kids and smaller people.
The Play provides a common ground…a place to meet, to flow, to flourish, a place to play. It’s not what boat we bring to the put-in, it’s the fact that we’re at the put in. Inner tube, canoe, creek boat, duckie or raft…floating is fun and gives us an earthly sense of flying.
If you have a class II/III run in your backyard you want to spice up, or want a new way to play in the ocean, the Play is the newest mode of travel from Bellyak. This boat is designed to play every feature of the river. The Play features a high performance planing hull that allows fast transitions on waves, through eddylines, and effortless spinning in a hole. The shorter length allows you to play the smallest feature, while providing a stable platform for pushing the limits. This boat is designed for playing…surf, squirt, blast, spin…the potential of this boat is still untapped!
If you already paddle a kayak and understand the dynamics of the river, this boat is for you. It’s excellent in the ocean surf as well for catching waves.
Play 25 Features:
- Planing Hull: Defined chines allow easy spinning, loose surfing and unlimited down river play.
- Rocker: Lots of rocker in bow and stern allow for dynamic surfing in river or ocean.
- Low volume Stern: For playing on eddylines and blasting holes…allows for squirt maneuvers in the seated position.
- Shorter Length: Allows for use of feet to rudder while surfing.
- Contoured Deck Area: Allows for maximum control while surfing as well as easy resurfacing after drops.
Play 25 Specs
- Length: 6' 1" (185 cm)
- Width: 20" (51 cm)
- Volume: 25 gal (95 L)
- Weight Range: 60-110 Lbs. (27-50 kg)