BioStim SD Digital TENS Unit
BioMedical Life Systems Inc., is proud to introduce the new BioStim® SD digital T.E.N.S. It is a compact, extremely durable and portable unit measuring 3.9? x 2.5? x 1.1 in and weighs only 3.25 oz. The unit outputs an asymmetrical biphasic square waveform and includes adjustable pulse width (10-250US) and frequency settings (1-200Hz). The device can be turned up to 98mA to accommodate even the most high-demand patients. The device has large, easy to press buttons (most measure (3/4) inch) and there are no small dials to turn, enabling ease of use by patients with dexterity issues.
The lead wires are durable and easy to handle and install. The device closes, covering all of the controls to prevent any accidental changes during use for added safety. The large 1.5? x 1.75? display is easy to read. The belt clip is made of a durable polymer plastic and can be easily removed and replaced by the patient if necessary. The device automatically detects when the batteries are running low and a battery indicator light on the screen flashes, notifying the patient that the batteries should be changed or charged.
The device has four programmable functions; Continuous, Cycled Burst, SD1, and SD2. When the device is turned off, it stores the last setting used by the patient, when the unit is turned back on, it displays the last settings for ease of use. The clinician can lock the device in place to ensure the settings are retained for the patient should the patient have trouble setting the device made possible by the “Patient Lock System” that, when activated prevents the patient from changing any of the set parameters. When the Patient Lock Systems is turned off, a “Patient Compliance Meter” is displayed showing how many hours the device was used. A timer allows the patient to use the device for a specified period of time.
The device comes with lead wires; four 2? x 2? self-adhesive reusable electrodes; two AA Alkaline batteries and carrying case. 5 year warranty.
BioStim SD TENS Specifications:
- Channels: 2
- Electrodes/leads: 4
- Waveform: Asymmetrical, biphasic square wave
- Output: Constant current
- Intensity: Continuously adjustable from 0-98 mA peak
- Frequency: 1-200 Hz (Hertz or pps)
- Impulse Width: 10-250 microseconds (µs) adjustable
- Continuous: Continuous stimulation
- Strength Duration 1: Increase of set Pulse Width 40%, decrease of set Pulse Rate 45% and decrease of Amplitude 10% over a 3 second period. Values return to original settings over the next 3 second period.
- Strength Duration 2: Increase of set Pulse Width 60%, decrease of set Pulse Rate 90% and decrease of set Amplitude 13% over a 6 second period. Values return to original setting over the next 6 seconds.
- Cycled Burst: 2.5 seconds on, 2.5 seconds off. Adjustable Pulse Rate 1-200 Hz. Adjustable Pulse Width from 10-250 µs.
- Power Supply: 2 AA Batteries, E block, type 6F22
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 2.5" x 1.1 (100 mm x 65 mm x 17 mm)
- Weight: 3.25 oz (92 g)
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator) is a type of electrotherapy equipment that works by sending small electrical pulses through the skin via ten unit electrodes to the underlying peripheral nerves. TENS is thought to work in two ways. First, "high frequency" continuous, mild, electrical activity blocks the pain signal traveling to the brain. Brain cells perceive pain. If the pain signal does not get through to the brain, the pain is not "felt." The second way is by stimulating the body's own natural pain-control mechanism. "Low frequency" or short bursts of mild electrical activity cause the body to release its own pain easers called beta endorphins. Ask your doctor or clinician for more details on this type of electrotherapy equipment.