Biostim M7 Digital TENS Unit
The BioStim M7 is a dual channel, TENS device with flip top design that when closed, covers the easy-to-use controls for additional safety. Inside flip cover includes digital LCD display. The BioStim® M7 TENS Unit has 7 modes of operation: continuous, burst (2.5 seconds on 2.5 seconds off), modulated rate (50% decrease / increase of set value over a 5 second cycle), modulated width (50% decrease / increase of set value over a 5 second cycle), modulated rate & width (50% decrease in set value over a 5 second period; as rate increases, width decreases), strength duration 1 (increase of set pulse width 40%, decrease of set pulse rate 45% and decrease of amplitude 10% over a 3 second period), and strength duration 2 (increase of set pulse width 60%, decrease of set pulse rate 90% and decrease of amplitude 13% over a 6 second period.). The M7 pulse rate adjusts from 1 - 200 Hz, pulse width adjusts from 10 - 250 us, and output intensity adjusts from 0 - 98 mA. A timer allows patients to use the device for a specified period of time. This TENS Unit features a fully adjustable pulse rate and width and patient lock-out feature. Kit includes 4 pigtail electrodes, 2 pairs of leadwires, 4 AA batteries, carrying case, and instructions. 5-year limited warranty
BioStim M7 TENS Specifications:
- Size: 3.25 x 2.25 x 1 5/8 (82 mm x 70mm x 45mm)
- Weight: 8 oz (266 grams)
- Channels: Dual
- Waveform: Asymmetrical rectangular biphasic (TENS)
- Pulse Rate (adj.): 1- 200 Hz
- Pulse Width (adj.): 10 - 250 s
- Stimulation Modes:
- Continuous: Constant Stimulation
- Rate Modulation: 50% decrease/increase of set value over a 5 second cycle
- Width Modulation: 50% decrease/increase of set value over a 5 second cycle
- Rate/Width Modulation: 50% decrease in set value over a five second period. As rate increases, width decreases.
- SD1: Increase of set pulse width 40%, decrease of set pulse rate 45% and decrease of amplitude 10% over a 3 second period. Values return to original settings over the next 3 seconds.
- SD2: Increase of set pulse width 60%, decrease of set pulse rate 90% and decrease of amplitude 13% over a 6 second period. Values return to original settings over the next 6 seconds.
- Cycled Burst: 2.5 seconds on. 2.5 seconds off. Adjustable Rate and Width.
- Output Voltage: 49 Volts peak to peak
- Intensity (adj.): 0-98 mA
- Power Supply: 2 AA Batteries
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator) is a type of electrotherapy equipment that works by sending small electrical pulses through the skin via ten unit electrodes to the underlying peripheral nerves. TENS is thought to work in two ways. First, "high frequency" continuous, mild, electrical activity blocks the pain signal traveling to the brain. Brain cells perceive pain. If the pain signal does not get through to the brain, the pain is not "felt." The second way is by stimulating the body's own natural pain-control mechanism. "Low frequency" or short bursts of mild electrical activity cause the body to release its own pain easers called beta endorphins. Ask your doctor or clinician for more details on this type of electrotherapy equipment.