Drawtex Hydroconductive Wound Dressing with LevaFiber
Drawtex is a unique, 3mm thick, three-layered wound dressing with superb hydroconductive action that lifts, holds, and transfers exudate, slough and necrotic debris away from the wound interface in order to create an optimal wound healing environment while promoting the wound healing process.
Even when completely saturated, Drawtex maintains its integrity, stays in place and remains intact so it can be easily removed in one piece. No dressing particles are left in the wound.
Drawtex provides hydroconductive debridement that lifts and loosens adherent slough. Drawtex can also be used as a surgical drain.
Drawtex is the ideal dressing for a healthy wound bed to:
- Dilute the concentration of bacteria
- Create a natural vacuum system (negative pressure)
- Strip away & stop the production of wound barriers
Drawtex with LevaFiber™ Technology Features:
- Hydroconductive: can move & capture large volumes of fluid; absorbs up to 500% of its own weight
- Non-adherent: leaves no particles in the wound
- Hydroconductive debridement: draws exudate away from the wound surface to remove toxic components such as slough, necrotic tissue, & bacteria
- Versatile: use as a flat dressing, a multilayer dressing, or as a drain for deeper wounds
Drawtex is indicated for a variety of wounds, including:
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Burn wounds
- Dehisced surgical wounds
- Difficult-to-heal wounds:
- Mixed etiology leg ulcers
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Chronic wounds with slough
- Clinically infected wounds
- Fungating cancer wounds
- Buruli ulcers
Note: Drawtex® is contraindicated if arterial bleeding is present.