D's Locks from IndeMedical.com are revolutionary hub locks (brakes) for manual wheelchairs. They take the place of Push-Pull or Scissor style brakes. D's Locks work independently of the tire by locking the wheel at the hub. Tire types and air pressure no longer matter. With one lever, both of your wheels can be locked securely in place simultaneously, regardless of the tire condition.
D's Locks mount completely out of the way, so thumbs stay intact. Additionally, the brakes are no longer the widest part of the chair. In most cases they add little to no width. D's Locks can be installed in less than an hour. No special tools are required.
D's Lock Benefits:
- Single lever positively locks wheels in place
- Locks can can be engaged and disengaged easily, even with limited hand control
- Lockset lever can be mounted almost anywhere for user convenience
- Adds no width to most wheelchairs
- Wheels can be removed and replaced while D's Locks are engaged
- Compatible with most everyday wheelchairs and wheels
- Simple installation