Jay J3 Wheelchair Back
The JAY J3 wheelchair back
product line offers a multitude of width, height, and contour depth back shells to fit the back to the client. Each back is lightweight and adjustable, with numerous hardware choices allowing for easy installation.
Five Contour Shapes
The Jay J3's solid shell is available in five contour shapes to provide posterior and lateral pelvic and lateral thoracic stability to clients with varying postures and functional needs.
- Posterior (PA) - 2.2" of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Lateral (PL) - 3" of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Deep (PD) - 6" of lateral support
- Posterior Deep Lateral (PDL) - 6" of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Deep Contour (PDC) - 6" of lateral pelvic support
Four Support Height Levels
The JAY J3 back is available in four support height levels to provide support for clients with wide ranges of torso heights and levels of injury.
- Lower Thoracic - 6.5" to 9.5"
- Mid Thoracic - 12" to 15"
- Upper Thoracic - 16.5" to 19.5"
- Shoulder - 21" to 24"
Four Hardware Options
The J3 offers four hardware options to accommodate a span of priorities and wheelchair configurations.
- SH - Easy to install, 2-point, quick-release hardware that allows for numerous attaching positions
- RH - 25% lighter than SH hardware and optimized for ultra lightweight wheelchairs without compromising adjustability
- TH - 2-point, quick-release hardware optimized for tilt-in-space wheelchairs, with a lengthened attachment pin and 500 lb. weight capacity
- 4-Point - Quick-release hardware that withstands greater force by distributing across four mounting locations
New! Carbon Fiber Shell
The J3 Back now offers a Carbon Fiber shell option for the ultimate in lightweight performance. Weighing as little as 2.2 lbs. when combined with RH hardware, the J3 Carbon Fiber Back is the perfect addition to any Quickie ultra lightweight wheelchair. The J3 Carbon Fiber Back can also be paired with the Freestyle Backrest System, available on the Quickie 7R and 7RS
Microclimatic Cover with 3DX Spacer Fabric, Lycra Outer Layer, and Optional Inner Cover
The J3's Microclimatic cover features a wicking material and a layer of 3DX space fabric to promote airflow and dissipate heat and moisture, keeping the client clean and dry. The new Lycra top surface provides a smooth, soft sitting surface that resists snagging and catching on clothing.
The J3's new, optional inner cover provides extra protection against moisture and odor build-up.