Mepilex Lite is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges which prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Benefits of Mepilex Lite:
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Stays in place allowing for quick and easy application of compression or retention bandages
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- May be left in place during radiation therapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- May be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- May remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
available in a range of sizes to suit many wound types
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Mepilex Lite areas of use:
Mepilex Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears, blisters, abrasions, and secondary healing wounds.