No-Sting Skin Prep
No-Sting Skin-Prep from IndeMedical.com is an alcohol free, film-forming skin preparation that upon application to intact or damaged skin, forms a protective interface that helps prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
No-Sting Skin Prep Features & Benefits:
- Film Forming Skin Protectant: Prepares skin for adhesive and provides a protective interface that may reduce friction during the removal of a tape.
- Water Based Solvent: Extra gentle on sensitive or damaged skin. The water based solvent also ensures the product is easily removed.
- Moisturizer: Conditions the skin to minimize formation of dry skin.
- Only One Coat Required: Less product is used per application to form a protective film, so you are more comfortable during application.
- Easy Application: Applies easily on awkward areas such as elbows, knees and heels. It also moves naturally with patient's skin and will not crack or peel.
- Easy Removal: Removes easily using a skin cleanser or soap and water, so unsanitary residue is not left in or around the wound area.
- Precautions: Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Not recommended for use around the face or eyes, unless under the advice of a healthcare professional.
Instructions for Use:
- Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of No-Sting Skin-Prep
- Apply a uniform coating over the entire area you wish to protect. If you miss an area of skin you intended to cover, wait until the original application has dried (approximately 30 seconds), and then reapply to the missed area.
If No-Sting Skin-Prep is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the coating to thoroughly dry before returning to the normal position. For maximum protection, an optional second coating of No-Sting Skin-Prep may be applied and allowed to dry before covering areas with dressings or other adhesive products.
- The removal of adhesive products may also remove No-Sting Skin-Prep, so reapplication is necessary any time that adhesive products are changed.
- Removal of No-Sting Skin-Prep is not necessary before reapplication. Clean and dry the area and apply fresh No-Sting Skin-Prep as directed above.