The Bike with Bite. Meet the Quickie Shark, the new handbike from Sunrise Medical. Featuring an innovative frame design, the Shark optimizes riding performance while reducing weight and providing increased adjustability. Advanced features, such as the vertical crank-adjustment, X-link frame separation-mechanism, and ergonomic seat-design, transport the hand-cyclist to a new level of speed and performance. Whether you're riding with your kids for ice cream or interested in competitive racing, the Shark will help you meet your recreation and fitness goals.
Quickie Shark Features & Benefits:
- Ergonomic Seat and Back: The multi-adjustable ergonomic seat and backrest provide optimum load dispersion. Seven large and three fine seat-depth settings, as well as three adjustable seat-heights, provide riders optimal seat positioning. The backrest can also be set to any angle between 30 and 90. If you prefer a heavily reclined back, an optional neck support is available for long rides.
- Adjustable Arm-Crank: The extremely lightweight state-of-the-art Three-way adjustable arm-crank is a technical masterpiece. It can be individually suited to the rider's specific seat-angle position, arm length, and riding technique. If desired, customized cranks can even be made to fit a specified measurement. The right setup means you experience less fatigue and greater efficiency with each rotation.
- X-Link Detachment Mechanism: The X-Link detachment mechanism is a new concept in detachable frames. This mechanism raises and supports the seat-frame section of the bike when detaching the steering fork from the bike. Once the steering fork is loaded into a vehicle, the elevated seat becomes a perfect transfer platform. Great for convenient transport and storage in small spaces.
Quickie Shark Technical Specifications:
- Model Number: EISP5
- Frame Style: Sport Handcycle
- Bike Weight: 33 lbs.
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- User Weight Capacity: 265 lbs. (120 kg.)
- Shipping Dimensions: 71" L x 27" W x 29" H
- Average Shipping Weight: 77 lbs.
- Seat width 14.8 in, 16.4 in, 17.9 in
- Seat Depths: Adjustable
- Back Height: 10" to 21.5"
- Back Position: Adjustable
- Frame length: 40.2 in
- Frame height: 8.6 in
- Frame Type: X-Link Frame, V-Crank, 3 x 9 Gear (27 speed)
- Drive Wheel: 26" x 1" Hi Performance, Black Durano
- Footplates: Adjustable Short or Long
- Axle: Threaded or Quick Release
- Axle Plate: Standard
- Rear Wheel Type: 20" or 26" Dt Rader
- Rear Wheel Tire: Black Durano
- Backrest Type: Standard or Folding
- Backrest Options: Neck Support
- Seating: Standard Seat Sling or Cushion w/Composite Foam
- Positioning Belts: Waist Belt
- Add on Accessories:Front Fender, Rear Fender, Rear Bumper, Front Headlight, Rear Light
- Frame Color Options: Black, Tutti Frutti Orange, White RAL, Silver, Brilliant Lime, Brilliant Marine, Brilliant Red, Brilliant Silver, Matte Lime, Matte Marine, Matte Red, Matte Silver