The Quickie Xtender from IndeMedical.com
expands the range of mobility for manual wheelchair users by adding
power assisted wheels to a manual frame. The Xtender increases your
travel distance and propulsion efficiency and reduces overall fatigue
while allowing you to maintain the look, control, and functionality of a
Motorized Wheels: Developed by Quickie and Yamaha, the Xtender features motorized rear wheels that increase the force you apply to the handrims by four times! This increases your range of mobility by reducing energy expenditure by as much as 45% and decreasing the burn of fatigue. Research has also shown that the Xtender may help reduce or even prevent the occurrence of secondary injuries to the wrists, elbows, and shoulders including Repetitive Strain Injury.
Automatic Wheel Synchronization: The Xtender's electronically synchronized rear wheel units continually communicate with each other and adjust their speeds to facilitate smooth, straight propulsion. This helps overcome uneven arm strength to further increase propulsion efficiency, which may be particularly beneficial to users with hemiplegia, paraplegia, quadriplegia, or tetraplegia.
Quick-Release Wheels and Easy Storage: The Xtender's quick-release wheels allow you to remove the entire motor/wheel assembly from the wheelchair. This allows for easy transitions between traditional manual and assisted propulsion. Because the Xtender is used with manual wheelchair frames, it stores and transports just like a manual wheelchair.
Rollback Prevention and Downhill Speed Control: The user-friendly Xtender features several functions that require zero programming, including Rollback Prevention and Downhill Speed Control. During hill climbs, Rollback Prevention maximizes your efficiency and reduces fatigue. Downhill Speed Control ensures a smooth, safe descent.
Every Quickie Xtender Includes:
- Pair of Power assist wheels, battery pack and battery charger
- Pair of Quickie spoke wheels with pneumatic tires AND a pair of Quickie "Q" button axles
- Axle plates to mount the Xtender to the Quickie wheelchair, the Xtender axles, and all of the labor for installation
Quickie Xtender Features & Performance:
- Smart Control System" employs a microprocessor and sensors in each wheel to regulate power, direction, and speed
- Each wheel continually communicates and adjusts the speed to ensure a smooth, straight ride
- Modular design easily comes apart for simple transportability and no single component weighs more than 14 lbs.
- Green LED power switch indicator makes it clear and simple when the Xtender is powered on and off
- Enhanced Battery Technology employs a microprocessor and LED lights to enhance performance
- No programming is necessary for these functions:
- "Rollback" prevention during hill climbing increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
- Downhill speed control requires no effort and provides safty
- User friendly system is quick and easy to learn to use