U-Step II Walking Stabilizer
The U-Step Walking Stabilizer was designed to increase independence and eliminate falling among those with neurological conditions. The leading-edge features of the U-Step, as compared to other walking aids, make it superior by providing more stability, maneuverability and control. Tens of thousands of people with neurological conditions have benefited from the U-Step design. In recent years, we undertook a major development project to improve the U-Step design and we are proud to introduce to you the U-Step II. We have incorporated all the advantages of the original design with improvements to further address the walking challenges of those with neurological conditions.
Regularly prescribed by physicians and physical and occupational therapists from leading hospitals and rehabilitation centers, and covered by most major insurances and Medicare, the U-Step has been tested and proven to be beneficial for patients with various neurological conditions, including:
- Parkinson Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Injuries
- Balance Disorders
- Stability: The patented U-shaped base, is ultra-stable. It surrounds you and braces you in every direction from falling. You feel as stable as you would feel holding onto another person’s arm. Other walkers only partially brace you from falling.
- Maneuverability: By placing the main turning wheels towards the middle of the base, as opposed to in the rear as in other rolling walkers, the U-Step II turns around in 29 inches as compared to 50 inches for most other advanced walkers. This will allow you to turn in tight indoor areas, such as washrooms, kitchens, and hallways. At 22 inches wide, you can easily walk through narrow doorways.
- Control:The advanced control features play an important role in the security that the U-Step provides you. The reversed braking system and the rolling resistance control explained inside are exclusive to the U-Step II and put you in complete control.
- Reversed Braking System:The innovative braking system is easy to use and puts you in complete control. The U-Step will not roll until you lightly squeeze either hand brake. Once you release the hand brake, the unit will stop immediately. This feature is particularly helpful when standing up from a chair because the unit will not roll away from you.
- Rolling Resistance Control: Unlike other rolling walkers, you can adjust the rolling speed of the U-Step II. Many people find wheeled walkers roll too fast for them. That is why we engineered a control for setting the rolling resistance. Loosen the set screw and rotate the adjustment lever to the desired amount of resistance, then re-tighten the set screw.
- Spring-Loaded Front Wheel:The patented spring-loaded front caster system glides easily over uneven surfaces, such as indoor molding strips and cracks in the sidewalk. This avoids sudden jolts as well as the need to lift the walker over small obstacles.
- Easily Transported:Folding the U-Step II is as easy as one, two, three! Lift the release lever by the seat, pull up on the seat support to fold the U-Step II and put it in the car; no bending down to pick it up. The U-Step II is four pounds lighter than the original UStep, making it easier to lift and transport.
- Laser & Sound Cueing Module: Primarily used by those with Parkinson’s freezing but can be used by anyone with an irregular gait pattern. The Laser and Sound Cueing Module can help get you started, normalize your walking and increase your stride. Press the red button on the module to project a bright red laser line on the floor to guide your step. You can also turn on the sound feature to set a beat pattern for walking speed.
- Handling Curbs: Lifting a walker to go up a curb or small stair can be dangerous. This innovative feature is designed to help you safely and easily go up a curb or one step. Either by stepping down on the back of the base or just by pulling back on the handlebars, you can raise the front of the walker to go up a curb or small step.
- Model number: US-PC2
- Overall Width: 23"
- Seat Height: 22"
- Length: 25"
- Turning Circle: 29"
- Seat Width: 20"
- Size of Padded Seat: 19" x 8"
- Height from floor to seat: 22"
- Weight with seat and basket: 22 lb.
- Weight Capacity: 375 lb.
- Folded Dimensions: 42"x 23"x 10"
- Patient Height Range: 4'10"-6'2", (with customization): 4'10"-6'4"