Glucerna 1.5 Cal
Glucerna 1.5 Cal from IndeMedical.com is a calorically dense formula that has CARBSTEADY, including low-glycemic carbohydrates clinically shown to help minimize blood glucose response.1 Specialized high-calorie nutrition for enhanced glycemic control compared to a standard formula. For patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes or abnormal glucose response. For patients with hyperglycemia/abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma or infection. For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal Features:
- Contains a unique carbohydrate blend clinically shown to blunt postprandial glycemic response and improve glycemic variability
- 22% of calories from protein to help promote anabolism and support wound healing
- Within the American Diabetes Association and American Heart Association recommendations favoring monounsaturated fats and 4% of calories from saturated fat to help manage lipid profiles
- Provides plant-based omega-3 fatty acids from canola oil (3 g alpha-linolenic acid, ALA/1500 Cal), to support cardiovascular health
- At 1.5 Cal/mL, patient needs can be met with less volume
- 1500 Cal provides at least 100% of the 1995 RDIs for 28 vitamins and minerals
- Chromium picolinate, a more bioavailable form of chromium
- Suitable for lactose intolerance
Glucerna 1.5 Cal Ingredients
Water, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Corn Maltodextrin, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Canola Oil, Isomaltulose, Fructose, Soy Protein Isolate, Sucromalt, Short-chain Fructooligosaccharides, Glycerine, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Oat Fiber, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Fiber, Soy Lecithin, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Carnitine, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Gellan Gum, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Chromium Picolinate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3.